Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week 6: Google Video and You Tube

After being quick experienced with You Tube, I decided to go straight to Google Video – which I’m sure I have never visited before.

What a great surprise, when I put in a general ‘horse’ search on Google Video to come up with the following to also try:
wild horses horses mating with humans goodbye horses band of horses beer for my horses toby keith

I was disappointed to see that the second category was something so graphic – now whether clicking on this link would have taken me to such sites I will never know, as I just don’t have the stomach to go there.

Imagine if one of our young borrowers did the same search, which is more than possible considering the love kids have for horses. This made me realise the dark side of the internet and question how children can be protected without breaching the FIA.

There are many applications in the Manilla Library where these applications could be used – to promote the various clubs, services and facilities available.

The Google Video search also resulted in You Tube video’s which was great, as one delivering both results is time effective.

One clip I couldn’t help but watch several times (due to scientific content of a equine embryo) was from Tim Flach – a promo for his new book Equus (publication date: 1 October). To check it out go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FO3fvkzTw

The best video (which naturally featured horses) was:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qccLJ-slFI

Now being the owner of a warmblood horse, who has these breed lines it probably even more funny, but then I have never seen a Budwiser advertisement that didn’t make me laugh!

No comments: