Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week 14: Learning 2.1 - Twitter

Well I am finally a Twit and part of Twitter. While I had good intentions of following other Tweets on #nswlearning2.1, the first task was to select 10 Tweets to follow. In the beginning it was very difficult to try and isolate what subjects to search, but once I started with Keith Urban and started searching my main interests … the 10 slots were easily filled.
I’m surprised that Twitter is so much fun. I love micro-blogging and the fact that you are restricted to 140 characters, despite the fact it requires some editing to comply. I have been able to Update my profile, add a photo and link my Twitter account to my blog page of Manilla Mayhem.
The only criticism I have, is that you can’t go in and edit after posting, which you can on your blog page.
I could imagine that Twitter would be great to use with library as a quick way of informing the public that eg: Storytime will features unicorns or pirates today, or reminders of special visitors and talkers, etc.

No comments: