Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week 17: Learning 2.1 - Nings

Joining Library 2.0 Ning seemed to be an easy process on the surface; the problem arose when I tried to active their generated email within 13 minutes of receiving it and was denied the chance to activate the account, with claims that the time had expired. Despite a lot of fluffy around, I was unable to get the system to generate another email alert.
Also the fact that each membership must be approved, results in time delays (of around 24 hours apparently), this is counter-productive to the ‘instant’ style of applications on the internet. Therefore I was not able to join more groups, leave comments, add the Ning badge to my blog, etc.
I was able to upload a photo for my account, add links to Twitter, my blog, etc. AND voice my frustrations about they whole process.

No comments: